New Tastes

Thursday, November 20, 2014

A Visionary

Mr. Ryder asked us to post about certain topics this week (Drafts, Notes,) and one really stood out to me. He asked us to post about our thinking, and I find this to be really intriguing. For example, how many times has someone asked you to explain your line of though? Bear with me here.

Tell me exactly what runs through your head when you read this post.





Now, take even more time to listen to the song. I will share what I feel after you've had ample time to digest the song below (mentioned in A's post)


and this song



Now think.

THINK ABOUT WHAT THESE WORKS OF ART MEAN.

FEEL THEM.

DO THEY
make you feel?
                       ask a question?
                                               make you want to cry?
                                                                                    make you want to die?
                                                                                                                        make you want to scream 

FROM
the
nearest
mountaintop
with
you
and
your
lover
arm
in
arm.
YOU
watch
as
you
both
jump
from
the
largest
rock 
you
two
find
EVEN
though
you 
are 
afraid 
of 
falling
to
your 
death

but that doesn't really concern either of you because the moments of weightlessness overcome the fear 
and the time you spend in the air 
means more than any
hospitalization
broken bone
death

You refuse to be afraid. 
You refuse to let doubt into your being.
You can't face reality because you are too afraid.
And by you I mean myself. 

ANTHONYTRAVISFRANCHETTI
AONYAVISRI
A VISRIONY







Look at the title. 




So Mr. Ryder, sometimes I stray from my education and listen to some insightful music. Honestly, I worked all this junk out with I was planning on typing up a blog post. I couldn't stop in mid-thought, so I kept going. This is what I got. It may not be the most useful or class related post I've ever put on a blog, but I've learned more about myself than when I started. Funny how it all works out. So thanks A, for the killer music and place to start from.

I look to the horizon.






No comments:

Post a Comment