New Tastes

Saturday, November 1, 2014

The Other Side of Oblivion

As I sit here in silence
I remember what it was like to run into oblivion,
to throw fear into the wind
and sprint for the unknown,
Honestly, I've feared this day
since I've first laid eyes upon it.

The work
The hours
The love
The passion
have shaped me like human clay.

I regret not the fear I had,
for oblivion is a scary place
-is anyone really ready for it?
But I guess that doesn't really matter now,
because it is here
I feel it
It isn't that bad.
I'd give anything to go back

Rewind.
Rewind.
Rewind.
the tape.
But I can't.

And thats okay
because I'm on the other side of oblivion
and its not so bad.
A new direction will be found
wounds will heal
vocal chords will mend
as will the teeth be filled in.

We will endure
we will rebuild
we well conquer once more
because we embrace oblivion  

No comments:

Post a Comment