New Tastes

Thursday, January 15, 2015

Oh if I Should Die Tonight (A poem (sorta)... kinda)

I wait outside the bank, counting the cash in my right hand
I fumble the packet in my left pocket, damn I need a smoke 
"Come on man, you've been planning this for a long time"
I withdraw a cigarette... finally
One foot in front of the other. They don't suspect a thing.
I light the cigarette and inhale its toxic release. I let go.
Yeah thats it, I'll follow this woman in. She looks like she doesn't want any trouble.
I reach into my belt line and whisper into her ear

"Listen baby don't make a move."
I press the barrel into her back. She twitches. I grab her arm. 
"Ah-ah. Strike one. You know the rules of baseball right?" She nods
I don't want to have to kill this girl
"I won't think twice baby. Co-op-er-ate."
The cigarette is  brushing up against her hair. I hope she doesn't mind the smell.
"Ready baby?" I press into her. We go through the doors of the bank.

The tellers got some great knockers
"Hey baby, how are you today?"
She looks at me with knives for eyes. Oops 
"My friend here wants to tell you something. Go on, you know what to do love."
She lets out a scream. Shit. Everyone is looking in my direction. She wont stop crying...
"Shut up! My wife's just a little uneasy thats all, says I've been a little violent lately."
If this gets messy: Guard, Teller, and my soon to be ex-wife.
A man comes over and touches my back. He's got a badge and I'm about out of time here.
She won't stop trembling. Need to keep her under my thumb...
"Strike two baby"
I cock back the hammer

"Oh sorry sir she didn't mean anything by it I swear it."
Shit shit shit
"Oh no you see she says she wants to run away from me, I'm too imposing"
How many bullets do I have?
"What the hell are you doing!? No! I won't take my hand off of her. I love her"
I think its eight, no nine. I've got one in the chamber. 
"Screw you man. Have you ever been married? It's hell on earth!"

H E' S  G O T  A  G U N

Shit.
"Strike three baby. You're O-U-T."
I swing the bride around and put two through the small of her back and into the guard's chest


! !

This got messy, time to go.
I spit out my cigarette and crush it underfoot... Must leave
One foot in front of the other. I get to the door.

I T   W O N' T   B U D G E

The teller... What's that cold feeling on the nape of my neck?
"I forgot about you.. Any chance for an appeal?"
"That pig was my uncle. Not a chance."
No way I'm going to die in jail
"Wait a second man, you're in control just be chill.."
I maneuver my pistol under my crotch, pointing backwards at this ass
"Where do you keep the dough anyway babe?"
"In the safe"
The pistol drops between my legs; sweaty palms! 
"I'm not making it out of this one am I?" 
Not a chance.
"No way in hell"

I move the bead... red is showing

!


FADE TO BLACK 


No comments:

Post a Comment