New Tastes

Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Lately (We Row)

Lately my thoughts have been paint in a bucket, yearning to be thrown at a blank canvas. I dip my brush in and flick my wrist in directions that few could even pretend to understand. I'll hang it up on a wall and some will decide that is wasn't an infants temper tantrum paintbrush-in-hand. Hopefully this art style that is extremely lucrative. Ha! (How the hell am I going to pay for college?)

However, when I step back to take in my masterpiece the same image always find a way to enter the painting/splatter. I do my best not to ignore it but push it aside... kinda like how we all hit ignore whenever an update is needed on our computer. Sure, we will have to address whatever the update at some point in time but we are all so busy right now. So much work... just need a break... 

But this update won't go away. The selection for "remind me later" isn't a familiar shade of blue. There is no option to ignore, no chance to distance myself from the issue. I mean, its not a bad thing to take this approach to life: its selfless and will help a lot of people. Its a pure  lifestyle and many will put their faith in you. But at what cost?

A family.

How can you put a price on that? How can you trade in crisp summer weekends doing (insert activity here), children in toe, wife in hand, and lunch on back? How can I trade what every man wants? I mean, it would be so hard to do this now. Especially with how the world is not and the image that plan has around it. It would be a hard life and I would give way more than I could ever receive. Its worth it though, right? 

The more I think and pray about it, the louder the calling becomes. I'm really stuck... stagnate to the point of crystallization.

       Wait... thats not how that works. Is it? 

Pro of Plan A

Family 
Offspring(s) 
Love <3
Happiness
Freedom

Cons of Plan A

Hmmm.... we'll have to see


Pros of Plan B

Helping a lot of people
Leading a community 
A very pious life
Pureness unmatched
Love <3 (of a different kind)

Cons of Plan B

Hmm... we'll have to see 



No comments:

Post a Comment