New Tastes

Friday, May 8, 2015

Night Sky (Part 1)

The night sky is opening slowly; I stand in your wake. The moon reflects emotions of yesterday's character sketches. The leather on pavement echoes longingly down the ally. The detectives cigarette is smoldering despite the rain; the embers fell into the ally only to be met by a puddle and instant extinguishing.

Many days he came into work and filed reports about unimportant situations. Parking tickets, drug busts, and the all to often event of kids smoking pot behind buildings. If the youth are what make us... what the hell is next then? Indeed, is his outlook was not a cheery one. He was, however, weary of for the future fore he knew the cycle of drug addiction well. His old wounds hung heavy; he needed his pills to make it through the day.

Of course the doctors knew he was in pain, but the refills never came fast enough. Before the rain, he prided himself on his fortitude- the ability to say no. The rain, the damming rain kept coming for days on end. The world has never seen rain like this; three months continual. The flooding caused the city to shut down. Only the upper section of the city was free of water. The high plateau serves a similar purpose as the prophetic ark did all those years ago.


END PART 1
*as we grow closer to the end of senior year, I have felt myself slip away from blogging. I intend to write a short story (or at least try to anyway) with the time I have left. Each week, I will add a part to this story. I hope to create something that I like.

No comments:

Post a Comment