New Tastes

Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Smiles in a Lonely World

As Foster eludes to in his writing, How to Read Literature Like a Professor, we all have our physical, mental and emotion defects. These defects define who we are and how we chose to live our life. The mark that I am blessed with is the gift of not knowing. This strange mark is not physical, mental or emotional. It simply is.

I choose to call this aimlessness a gift due to necessity.  If I was to tear myself apart over this situation life would become unbearable. How would I survive? The constant questions that plague everyday are the vise around my head. With each question of college decisions or future intentions brings only more pressure. I feel as though I am about to pop. I feel desperate for a direction. What option do I have?


  1. Join the Circus 
  2. Stay home (Work at Reny's)
  3. Go to school 
  • WHERE!?!?!
  • HOW LONG!?!?!
  • $$$$$$$? (Don't give me the scholarship junk either) 
  • Degree in _________ (____ __)
Well, I guess this gift of aimlessness is less a gift and more of a burden as of right now. Instead of panic, I am shooting more for a calmness that exudes confidence. No cracks shall form in this driveway! Well, no new cracks anyway. I will play this game until the end. I will make everyday count. I will count on the concrete things in life:

The Sun will come up tomorrow
The world will keep on spinning

Without a doubt I will be followed by sorrow
But a life without sorrow is a life without feeling

And to feel nothing is to be dead
So take joy in the little things

Watch the setting sun
Watch the rising moon

Swim in the starlight
Caress the zephyr

Because you may never get it again. 


Foster, you can use me however you like.  I guess I am just another teenager that thinks s/he knows more than s/he does. Sometimes s/he uses word s/he doesn't understand, but likes the sound of them. S/he is a flawed charioteer, doomed to get caught up in her/his spokes at one point or another because s/he like to go fast and feel the wind pass through her/his hair. Foster, you can use me in the most appropriate way that you feel. I am at a crossroads in my life, and have been thinking deeply lately. Am I in your book a couple hundred years from now? 

Or am I just making this up to make myself feel better about who I am today, and what I have done over my short existence on this really large piece of rock. I don't know Foster. I am Anthony Franchetti. I love everything I do and push myself everyday I wake up (and sometimes when I don't). I enjoy lots of things. I hope to one day find somewhat gainful employment, have a nice or nice enough house, and a family. How I will get there? 

Mail me suggestions, or just shoot them in the comments. 

After all, life simply is.


No comments:

Post a Comment